Start with SkyPrep
SkyPrep is our CAD file converter that generates a simulation map usable in VR.
SkyPrep works natively with CATIA and JT files, but is also compatible with many CAD extensions through the third-party library CoreTechnologie.
The Unreal Engine software (version 4.24).
A computer with at least 32 Go of RAM in order to safely run simulations. You should consider using an Intel i7 or i9 8th gen or greater to reduce computation time.
- A valid license file.
See the dedicated page for further information.
Set the license
For a node locked license, download the .lic file we sent you and copy it to the root folder of SkyPrep in the package.
For server licenses, see the dedicated page.
When you first start SkyPrep, you will have to set the configuration before running the program. Click on Settings, and then on Display Configuration Assistant to begin.
- First, if you use CATIA V5 files, you need to define the import method in CAD Import Preferences:
- If you own CATIA and a valid license on the computer, you can choose "Use SkyPrep internal loader"
- Otherwise, choose "Use CoreTech"
- Then, if you chose the SkyPrep internal loader, you need to set CATIA executable and environment paths in Catia V5 Configuration
- If you wish to modify the parameters in the Automatic Process Configuration, see the specific page here.
- Finally, in the Outputs configuration, set the path to the Unreal engine executable (UE4Editor-Cmd.exe). If you do not plan on using Unity, leave "Unity executable path" field blank
- Drop a CAD product file to SkyPrep, select an Output directory and a name for your file
- Select the type of Process you wish to use (begin with Original)
- Keep the default Output format (SKYREAL) if you are beginning to use the program and click on "Run task"
In this section, you will find some examples and tips such as:
- Create a CATIA preparation task
- Add products as tools or environments to your simulations